27 Aug Top 5 SEO and Online Marketing Trends for the New Year
Google is constantly updating their search algorithm to provide a better experience for their users and as a result, the world of SEO and internet marketing is constantly changing. Here are the top 5 trends in SEO and Internet Marketing for 2014.
1. Google is tweaking it’s algorithm to devalue generic link building and focus on valuable content that websites provide for the user. This will level the playing field with smaller low budget websites as the way to rank higher on Google now is to simply provide a better, more interactive website.
2. Optimizing your website for tablets and mobile phones. Smartphone use has exploded over the past few years and Google has definitely taken notice. Google will reward a website that delivers an optimal experience for whatever device the consumer is using. However Google does not recommend having a separate mobile website with a different URL, and instead suggests that responsive web design is the way to go.
3. Making sure your website is included on local business searches. According to Google “20% of searches on Google are related to location.” This also ties in to increased tablet and smartphone use as these devices often use GPS with their searches.
4. Move toward HTML5 and away from Flash. The support for HTML5 is constantly growing, and according to data from StatCounter quoted in a Google study, says that in May 2013, the number of users who have HTML 5 compatible environments overtook users with FLASH compatible environments.
5. If your website uses images at all, get on Pinterest. From 2011 to 2013 Pinterest gained 50 million users and it’s reported that 21 million are “active” users.